In 1965, the 1758 Valentine-Varian House was donated to The Bronx County Historical Society to be used as a museum. After restoration, the house was opened in 1968 as the Museum of Bronx History. Visitors today can touch the fieldstones Isaac Valentine used to construct the house and walk on the oak and pine floorboards he fashioned. The main level contains three galleries that feature a rich rotation of exhibitions as well as a museum gift store. More information can be found in the Historic House Trust Guide on Bloomberg Connects.